09 February 2011

The hair thing

UHHHHHH I need to write. i can only keep my fingers away for THAT long. I was telling myself to stay away and study for finals, which is starting day after tomorrow (yeah, fingers chose the perfect time to retaliate and force me to waste time, so im typing at lightning speed). SO, im gonna make this short and quick.

Anyway, yeah, i got myself some new hair. I wanted curls, loose curls, sexy waves. Lose sexy GREEN waves. Shirlene laughed at me and claimed i was going through some ‘phase’. for the record, I think i still am. Went to Spingky Salon in Jalan Song, and got Anthony to do my hair.

IMG_2066 

My friends came all the way down to gimme some moral support and lend me some courage. A change of hairstyle can be pretty nerve-wrecking – my hair means a lot to me. Jen got herself a haircut.

I brought pictures of Blake Lively and Kate Hudson’s hair with me to the salon, and a picture of a girl with green hair (that Suiee stole off Facebook for me). My stylist looked and nodded his head, and i sat there from 2pm to 8.30pm. *rubs ass from pain* The hair didn’t end up a visible green in the end. the colour my stylist mixed for me, it was more of a brown, but i loved loved loved it!

Finally, finally finally. i think i found a stylist who understands me – something i’ve always wanted since like uhm…14? (together with the green hair but i wasn’t possible because i was still in secondary school). looking for a suitable stylist is never easy.

I think the utmost importance about selecting a hair stylist is ‘feel’. i like to first observe my hairstylist. dress up and attitude counts. obviously, if you’re not an ah lian, then an ah beng hairstylist isn’t going to give you results you want. *thinks back of disaster hair do at Cutting Edge CRINGE*

When attempting something more than a trim, bring pictures. ALWAYS BRING PICTURES. Words suck when used to describe hair.

And never be afraid to ask questions/argue and go back if you feel that anything is wrong. *thinks about Cutting Edge and cringes again* Since this was my first time curling my hair, i had no idea about curling and stuff. SO, my hair started to turn into the natural waves i sometimes have after like 1.5 hours from leaving the salon. i freaked out and went back the next morning. owh and they were so patient with my noob-ness and blew my hair back and whalla!, curls were there. and with that, i learnt that with some water and styling cream, my ‘straighter’ hair will spring back to loose curls *blush*

In the process i actually forgot to tell my stylist that i’ve dyed my hair black before. but awwwwww he was patient enough to try colouring like one small lock of my hair to see if my new colour would go in (because if not i would have to spend RM120 on pre lightening). My hair was a darling angel though, the colour successfully went in. there, saved me RM120. I think most people would have just insisted i do the pre-lightening and im so grateful my stylist did not =D

I think i just became a loyal customer of Anthony’s from Spingky Salon *fingers crossed*

IMG_2075

3 comments:

julian said...

CHantiknya................ Good luck with finals! you know u can do it! btw so true about observing your stylist. Most are just weird or trying to hard. SO mamak saloon it is :P

julian said...

peeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwheeeeeeeetttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!! *and the crowd goes wild!*

can wait to 'bump' into u

Lynda lau said...

Awhh, thank you, for the luck and the compliments *blush* =P

but dont bump into me now. i don't look humanly at all; exams. lol